Compression will also help to stabilise the muscle and decrease the amount of muscular vibration, resulting in decreased fatigue. The benefits of compression are enhanced performance through increased blood flow, quicker recovery, decreased muscle soreness and less fatigue.
Compression has been proven effective in reducing the stress hormone cortisol, which in turn helps boost the immune system. Compression improves sleep, which is an important part of anyone's recovery, after a full day of training, or a busy working day.
5 Key Benefits
- Reduce Soreness – by providing pressure to the affected muscle like a massage, the Air Relax system can help alleviate tenderness, decrease restless leg syndrome and reduce delayed onset muscle soreness.
- Improved blood flow – which in turn will improve recovery time allowing the athlete to train at a higher intensity level more frequently and for a longer period. This has also proven to increase energy levels in general populations and help with medical conditions, such as diabetes and lymphedema.
- Proved Flexibility - The moderate compressing from 3 different modes of the air relax unit relaxes muscles and connective tissue, allowing for increased range of motion. A secondary benefit of this would be a decrease in injury due to greater ROM.
- Immunity Boost – Compression has been proven effective in reducing the stress hormone cortisol which in turn helps boost the immune system.
- Improved Sleep – With sleep being the most important part of anyone’s recovery and training day it's important to get a restful night sleep. By improving circulation and releasing endorphins to act as the body’s natural pain killers a quality sleep is easier to achieve.